While DirecTV Now’s cheapest package, “Live a Little”, comes in at $35 per month, the service does have some important advantages.
First is a larger channel package, as even the “Live a Little” bundle, which is the smallest, provides access to more than 60 channels. Second, they are offering a Amazon Fire TV if you prepay two months. Finally, NBC is live in more markets than Fubo or Sling, so this may be your best option if you’re in a smaller city.
The biggest drawback right now is the lack of a DVR, but that is on its way, so there’s a lot to like here.
Here’s a complete rundown of DirecTV Now’s “Live a Little” bundle:
Total Channels Included: 60-plus, depending on local channels available. You can find the complete channel list right here
Price: $35 per month
Extras: Watch on two different devices at the same time; DVR is in Beta stages; free Amazon Fire TV if you prepay two months; can sign in with DirecTV Now credentials to watch content on NBC Sports app
Free Trial: 7 days
How to Sign Up & Watch:
1. Click here to go to the DirecTV Now website
2. Click on “Start your free trial now” and then create an account
3. Select the channel package you want. Whatever base bundle you pick will include NBC, NBC Sports Network and CNBC. You can add the Fire TV on the next step if you want
4. Enter your payment information. The “Live a Little” package is the cheapest at $35 per month, while there are other options at $50, $60 or $70 per month. If you cancel your subscription within seven days of signing up, you will not be charged
5. Return to the DirecTV Now website to start watching on your desktop. You can also watch via the DirecTV Now, which is available via a handful of different mobile or streaming devices. You can click here for the complete list of compatible device